Notice: Undefined variable: sharelinks in /home/robertco/public_html/wp-content/plugins/scrolling-social-sharebar/scroll-sharebar.php on line 343
Why are most wholesale lists rubbish? Here’s why. Ok, let’s make some quick money, let’s feed the appetite of all those eBayers or potential eBayers and show them where they can find products for resale.
Here’s the recipe on how to do it:
- Look at the main categories on eBay, look at the “hot markets” in each category (a few hours work).
- Find suppliers in these categories by using Google.
- Select a dozen or so suppliers in each market then copy and paste their URL into a word document.
- Repeat process for each “hot” market (a few hours)
- Decide you have so many wholesalers you can produce several lists. More money!
- Write a listing or sales page saying you are about to reveal all the “Secret Suppliers”.
- Sell all the lists on eBay as “The Best Wholesale List 2009” or “Secret Sources Revealed At Last” or “The Sources Other Traders Don’t Want You To Know About”. Pretty nifty titles?
Great recipe, you can update this several times a years and still keep on selling the same stuff, but nifty titles do not a wholesale list make. Hey this would this be a great idea for your first information product (only joking John). The problem with these lists is they have no discrimination. The only thing I have done is to copy and paste the URL, I have not checked out the prices or the products. Anyone can do this and many do. I checked out the number of wholesale lists available for sale on eBay on 22/3/09 there were154 listings for sale. As I said with the majority of these lists there is little real research that has been done and frequently the “wholesale” prices are higher than eBay, Amazon or even online discount stores.
So buying a list and expecting to make decent money from it may not be the solution, in most cases you will find it a waste of your money. The wider internet is also awash with dubious lists, so how do you go about obtaining legitimate sources of product that can be resold at a profit? Here are some starters for 10:
- Yell.com will bring up your local suppliers; most large cities have wholesale districts, so you will never be too far away from a source of supply.
- Use Google or Yahoo to search for wholesalers, result approx 26,000,000, so we can take a look at some of these in more detail.
Next time let’s take a look at wholesalers and other sources of supply in more depth.